Saturday, July 22, 2006

deer heads and chocolate fountains

i love summer.
i love having time to spend with friends instead of with mr library, and i love warm nights and ice cream and being busy becuase of fun things.

last weekend i went to Bear Lake and went boating with some friends. we did a little wake-boarding, listened to some music and just relaxed on the boat.
pic: sarah grosgebauer and me taking a break after being in the water...







sunday i went to lunch with the gerstheimers and ahrenstorffs, and then to Weber State to save a spot for that evening's event... Pioneer Day Fireworks! its a pretty big deal here, as the 24th of July is the day that the Mormons found utah (or something of the sort). well im not too concerned with the history, i just think its hilarious that the fireworks are better than on the 4th and people seriously plan for this holiday. but dont think im poking fun, i love it too. now i dont set out blankets the night before, that is for the truly committed, but i definately set one out early, bake cupcakes, and arrive at least three hours before the show starts. this year we were able to watch the firework display on Claire's lovely blanket. i should have gotten a close up shot so that you could fully appreciate the moose/ deer heads that are all over the thing.
pic: whitney, claire, and kelly, looking excited about the deer and fireworks







and this week was full of wedding fun. one of my best friends, naomi, got married yesterday, at the top of Snowbasin. bachelorette party, rehersal dinner, and a full day of prom hair and pictures (and a chocolate fountain, horray!) it was pretty amazing if i do say so myself. she looked beautiful, i didnt trip in my heels, i didnt get stung by the bees that were swarming those of us holding boquets of real flowers, and the groomsmen werent so bad either ;)
pic: sarah, me, liz and emily right before the ceremony







ill post more pics when i get them, but im pretty impressed with the variety of visual aids in this post if i do say so myself...

13 comments:

allegri said...

Awww.. you all look soo pretty!!! And those are adorable flowers! Can't wait for the fireworks too, I find it hilarious how they are so much more important that the 4th here... kinda depressing...

Anonymous said...

What is with my huge ass? My ass is not that big. (is it?)

melissa o said...

My BEAUTIFUL friend Julie!

And NO Whitney, your bum is not big!

Anonymous said...

Julles you looked beautiful this weekend! I'm glad you didn't trip and your dresses are amazing. I can't wait to see snow basin for myself. Gotta love pioneer days...i think i heard the fireworks from here, jk see ya soon

Claire said...

I love those pictures! You should more up from the wedding so we can all see! You do look VERY pretty! HOORAY!

And ... admit it... you wish you owned the deer head blanket!

Anonymous said...

dang girl, you look hot... thanks for finally blogging :) love you, i can't wait to hang out and cuddle badankadonkie !

RobinDayle said...

I miss you...so I was wondering if you could come back to Cali sometime soon...is that cool?
I love you Jules...

RobinDayle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimber said...

My gosh you girls are beautiful!

Ryan said...

all that talk of the 24th fireworks, snowbasin... makes me miss utah. tell naomi congrads for me.

micah said...

Jules! i wanted to say hey real quick. i don't have a lot of time but are you going to be around for a while when i come back around the 21st? we have to hang out at least once! besides how are you going to check out my sweet hair cut if we don't? oh yeah and i might even have a tatoo by then! cool huh? well ill talk to you soon. micah

AMY said...

you, post some more! and you do look beautiful

melissa o said...

I MISS YOU!

UPDATE PLEASE! Take me away from my Julie withdrawls...