Monday, January 09, 2006

the big ONE-NINE

while buying cigarettes could have been an exciting way to celebrate my 19th birthday, i instead did a little shopping, baking, and packing with my mom. then some friends and i went out to dinner. you know people love and support you when they are willing to shamelessly embarrass you because, you see, in the process, people end up staring at them just as much as they stare at you.
i had a balloon tied to my belt-loop, and a "its my birthday" sash drapped over my shoulder, miss america style.
after dinner, we went galactic miniature golfing, and though i was able to lose the balloon, i was still sporting the sash. i did okay, but ill admit, i think i got some birthday girl grace when it came to the score keeping.






of course, the score didnt really matter with my team because none of us were very good, but we were pretty fun if you ask me.




kelli, micah, kimber and matt



i finished the night with some good girl talk with kelli, claire and matt, and then i got to bed around 3 in the am. easily the latest i stayed up all break, but i needed to get prepared to come back to school. and here i am, blogging at 1:30. on a roll.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

THAT is one great group of friends. I hope you had a wonderful birthday my dear, and know that I miss you already.

Claire said...

WELL I'm glad that you're back and that everything went well packing etc! I love you and miss you and will see you before we know it! Super birthday sash, by the way!