Thursday, May 11, 2006

dinosaurs

you know when people type but dont know where all the letters are, so they finger peck... yeah the keyboards are different here so i look like a raptor when i type. youll have to forgive me for the typos because i am staring at the keyboard and trying to not run out of time.
i have so ,uch to tell you and not nearly enough time (or patience for this process, which is extremely ironic considering the people and culture are very laid back).
it took us two days to get here with the layovers. i hardly slept, which actually helped me adjust to the time difference (which is nine hours ahead of cali, eight for utah). we stayed in kigali, the capital, for two days with everyone (thats about fifty five white people...) now its just me and my team in gitaramq.
ill post ,ore later, but for now just know that it is a beautiful country with beautiful people.
i would email if i could but its not working, so until then... i love you

7 comments:

melissa o said...

I am so happy to hear that you are there and safe.

I love you and I am praying for you!

Claire said...

So glad to hear from you! I'm praying- remember, every day at 9:00 (I decided PM- so 9:00pm your time!)!
I can't wait to hear what God does and how He uses you! Love you!!!

Ryan said...

hey jules, have fun out there, and learn lots and be safe, but above all those, have fun. it might be a once in a ... year experience. ;) hey bring me back an african rock, or something else of equal value :)

RobinDayle said...

Jules!!!
I love you and I'm praying for you beautiful! Be safe, and take care of Pacsy-wacsy for me! Tell her I said hello and that I love her so very much!
<3, Robin
p.s. bring me back an african man! hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you all Julie. I can't wait to hear more. I'm too excited to sleep;)

allegri said...

Jules, ptaying for you hon. Have an amazing time in Rwanda and stay safe. Take lots of pictures and bring back lots of really cool cultural stuff :D

butimamonster said...

im praying and i miss you so much julie! i love you