Tuesday, May 30, 2006

reverse culture shock

so i didnt really get that o my heavens i cant handle africa and the people and the food and the bugs and i need to go home right now feeling ( i had a second of, my focus is not here, but definately no tears and panic breathing).
coming back though is more when i got the "culture shock." it was not too dramatic, but i landed and was not excited to be back in America, much less the fast paced, traffic filled (and dare i say less attractive) state we call California. thank goodness for my ipod, cause i was able to listen to some favorites while driving back to school. o i missed my ipod! i love music.
k that was random, but i am doing much better today. i love erika and have adjusted to having fast, easily accessible internet, a hot shower, a sink to brush my teeth with, an abundance of cold drinking water and erikas fabulous bed that does not creek!
so just give me some time to get caught up on the blogs and phone calls (cause i am still in the k lets relax for a second mode). i love you all and cant wait to see/ talk to you!
o big blessing, did really sleep at all on the way back, so i dont have jet lag. i did have really swollen feet and ankles though.

9 comments:

melissa o said...

I AM SO EXCITED YOUR BACK...

Now just to get you back to Utah.

LOVE YOU!

Claire said...

YAY! Glad you made it woman! I look forward to hearing all about it! Let me know when you'll be back... I have the 13th in my head... true?

Anonymous said...

Your'e back!!! and i get to see you today and hear about the trip and give you a big hug...oh i cant wait!

Anonymous said...

the anonymous comment was from me...forgot to put my name

Love ya,
Lauren (roomie)

Sarah said...

welcome back! you have to tell everything on your blog! or at least try to!

Claire said...

It was so great to talk to you!!!! Thank you for calling! I can't wait to see you!

AMY said...

we should go to lunch when you get back, i would love to hear about afica and what you experienced!

allegri said...

I totally know how that goes, no I didn't go to Africa to understand the difference in societal changes (although I really wish I had). I really didn't miss the always on the go way of America... I did really miss my ipod to though while I was gone...

Glad you had a safe and great time in Africa. Hope your ministry had a great affect on the area. God bless!!! :D

Ryan said...

swollen feet and ancles eh? thats not that attractive. you should walk that off in your bedroom. ;) j/k nice to know your home, sorry america isn't all its cracked up to be. but we are all here... and your ipod, so you should be ok for a while. i don't think i'm going to get to see you this summer before you go back to school, so come out to NC so i can say hi!