Friday, November 03, 2006

here's to you

i was catching up on the blogs today, and i read one of Claire's. she requested that people update, and she stressed that the blog did not have to be fancy but that people should at least post something informative. afterall, many of the people who read this do not live in the same state, so any information is good information.
i think i tend to read other people's blogs instead of blogging myself because i feel like i
a) need to be chronological, and catch people up before i fill them in on the present (but that takes effort, and there is the risk of boring my audience)
b) need pictures, because i just love blogs with pictures
or
c) do not have anything that exciting to blog about.

but here is what is new with me. i took a macroeconomics test about an hour ago, and an accounting test on wednesday. im not sure i did great on either one, since they both had lots of formulas, tables and word problems. however, im doing pretty well thus far in both classes, so i am over being stressed.
last weekend my mom came to visit, which was amazing. she watched the Fortuna Bowl (flag football) on Friday. my team lost, which was a bummer, but my roomates were on the team that beat us, so i had to move on pretty quickly. since my mom was here she slept in my bed and i actually shared a bed with hillary, the quarterback for the Fortuna Champions. My mom and i did alot of shopping, eating and talking. lovely to say the least.
im going to arizona next friday to play in a flag football tournament at ASU, so i have practice all the time, and im really really tired.
and this evening, im going to Beaumont with a ton of friends from school. a couple of friends are from Beaumont, so we are going to stay at all of their houses and go to Oak Glen tomorrow to pick apples and play some ultimate frisbee. hopefully the leaves will still be on all the trees there, as that is the closest thing i will get to fall weather.
and lastly, i completely agree with Claire, i dont like all of the reprocussions of day light savings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember what Terry used to say? If you are too busy to blog, you are too busy.

(Or maybe it was God - not blog...hmm. Still applies I think.)

:) LOVE YOU!

Claire said...

Wooo! I love that I got mentioned on your blog- I feel so honored! Glad to have an update from you- and I'm SO happy I get to talk to you every week! Good work on your tests!!!

PS> did you get the e-mail re: bm dress?

Kimber said...

Yesssss.I am so glad you were finally able to blog! Cool that you got to spend some time with the mom too.
I miss you, are you coming home at all this year?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I was able to spend the weekend with you!! It was great to meet your roommates and lots of your other friends. And I love your apartment. But I never got to see you riding Bella. Glad we were able to get to Lucille's, too! That BBQ was delicious!!!!! Needed more time tho, to work in a trip to the beach... oh well, next time maybe.
Lots of love, Mom