Thursday, October 12, 2006

cold showers

this morning i came back to my apt after my running/ jogging class. normally i have an 8 oclock methods of teaching sports class, but it was cancelled today! i got to come back, eat breakfast on the back portch and shower before my 9:30 class (if you are doing the math, yes, i run, go to a class where i play sports, and then i go to another class before i have showered or even stopped sweating, gross!)So I was doing the dishes after i ate and i kept waiting for the water to get hot, but cold water kept pouring out of the faucet. I stopped doing the dishes and walked into the bathroom to see if i would encounter the same problem there. of course, i did.
now, i played football yesterday afternoon and i ran this morning, so skipping a shower would have been a poor choice.
therefore, i started the shower again and got under the freezing cold water. now, i showered in cold water for three weeks in Africa, what was one more day, right? well my cold shower was a good reminder that my perspective has a great affect on my attitude and that i can take really fast showers if i need too!

4 comments:

melissa o said...

Woot for cold showers!

Love you!

RobinDayle said...

Oh yes...the lovely cold shower. You weren'tthe only one who had one, both Sam and I did as well.
Boo UP300 water systems.
Grrr...
p.s. I worked out this afternoon and had a lovely hot shower. It's fixed!

Ryan said...

hey, i'm sure thats not the first time you've had a cold shower... mexico, camp... the list goes on. but it was fun to hear the story from your own voice! it was good to talk to you the other day... i think its been at least a year since i saw you last. you should come visit me or maybe i'll make a trip to cali. anyhoo...

Meredith said...

I've had my share of cold showers too! I have to say they're pretty miserable but I would rather take a cold one then not have one at all.
One of these days I'm going to have to meet you. Ryan has told me so much about you.I've always wanted to go to Cali so maybe Ryan and I can come and visit sometime soon.
Have a great week and have fun in school.