Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Big Bear

Big Bear is a little town that is up in the San Bernardino mountains, along the lines of Eden/ Liberty area. it takes about 1 hr and 45 min to get there if you go in the afternoon and about 1 hr to get back at night. i have heard alot about it cause everyone has told me how quaint and cold it is up there...

yesterday morning i walked outside to go for my morning jog and i saw my friend Brooke, who decided to join me (she actually already had run, but since she trained for a stinking half marathon, she is in good enough shape to tag along with me as well). The mountains looked so beautiful cause it snowed this weekend (not in the city though, of course) and she just said, well what are you doing this afternoon-- lets go!
so i left a class early, so i could go to work early, so i could get off early and so we drove to the mountains! we just walked down the main street, went to dinner and drove home, but it was so fun! Brooke is amazing so it was nice just to really hang out for a while and talk. Plus, i got to see snow, get some use out of the beanie i brought back to school, and best of all, i got to see the stars. They were seriously fabulous. There were no street lights or anything, and there was no smog! i usually can count the number of stars i can see in the sky (no joke), so the blanket of stars and the 30 degree air just took my breath away. it was a pretty great way to spend a Tuesday night if you ask me.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

What a fun little trip that sounded like.
I am SO bummed that I am not going to get to see you for spring break, but that means it will just be all the better when I do get to see you!

Love!