Sunday, February 05, 2006

youre looking at it

i went snowboarding in so cal today. we went to mountain high, which is like the Wolf Mountain in the area. though its bigger, its not a ton better. but i was prepared for that. plus i was in good company, so we had a few good runs and many laughs.
the weirdest part was driving up, my mind didnt know if it was getting prepared to hike or board. we actually did see hikers on the hill opposite ours, as the snow is only located specifically on the runs, not even in the trees under the lifts. i wore a thermal and a tee shirt and was hot multiple times.

basically, all of the runs fit in this picture.




and yup, you can see my black eye. here it is, up close and personal. it was a bit worse today. though it wasnt that black and blue when i woke up, it was much more puffy. i couldnt see out of it very well. hopefully it will be better tomorrow for church.






5 comments:

Claire said...

AMAZING! First- amazing black eye! I'm so sorry, it looks so painful, but hey, pretty super sweet! I'm glad that your trip was fun- make ya miss you some Snowbasin, eh? Do you know if you're coming home for SB? Anyway.. hopefully we'll get to talk soon since yesterday didn't work out- just give me acall! Happy Sunday!

Kimber said...

Ouch!
That's all I can say.
I honestly don't think I have ever gotten a black eye.

melissa o said...

UHHHH.

WHAT?

Black eye?

I will come out and kick some booty with my bursitis hip...

Ashley said...

ouch is right, nice shiner julie!

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, you look so sad! Hope you never get another black eye, but if so, be sure to quickly ice it. Hey, you know, just got to be the mom giving advice.....