Sunday, June 01, 2008

i dont have internet

at the condo that i live in. i would complain but it is pretty much the best situation ever, so complaining is not a thought or an option. sometimes its kind of been a blessing actually. we did not have tv either for almost a month (and 3 of the 5 roommates were gone) so i got to have lots of quality time with the pretty girl with the sweet teal-ish sunglasses. that is my roommate Erika.
When i wasnt with her this past month, i was probably with the other beautiful brunette, carly. both of them are such great girls and i have had so much fun with them so far this summer. this is kind of a special shout out to them because im leaving tuesday for "South Asia" and im going to miss them tons.
Last weekend we went out to lunch then downtown to this old used bookstore. it was a really enjoyable saturday. luckily Erika always has her camera for photo sessions.



















also, i never post. i read posts. on sunday nights when i come to coffee depot with carly to use the free internet. i have had the urge to blog all week, so now i finally have my chance.
summer has been wonderful. it was blazing in riverside for about a week, then the next week it poured rain and there was a random tornado, and this week has been mild and lovely. i work two on-campus jobs, so i have a 5-10 minute commute to school and am so blessed to have people that will employ me basically full time despite my ridiculous schedule. i am not exactly sure what i do with my nights, other than wednesday nights, when i have small group. other than that, i get a great combination of alone time and friend time.
i leave tuesday night for my isp trip. i am so ready. i was packed a week ago (yeah, i over plan, but i surprisingly have not overpacked-- i have a carry-on size suitcase and a backpack-- for 3 weeks). its going to be hot and humid but i am so excited to experience a different people and culture. it should be humbling, challenging and thrilling.
i will be back in utah around july 7th, so i will get to tell many of you all about it in person. Horray!
anyway, that is pretty much it. i will try to post once when im gone, so for those loyal friends that still check this, check it again please :)

7 comments:

melissa o said...

Oh Julie-bulie! How I have missed you...

Ryan said...

its nice to know you're still alive. :)

AMY said...

yeah julie, i am so excited for your trip, but i don't know anything about it so you will have to tell me everything when you get to utah. geography teachers who don't travel much live through those who do. i even tell my students about other peoples' adventures so bring pictures too. good to know your life it great.

Claire said...

Yay! I'm excited for you! And I know you're busy and I've been moving, and that's why we haven't talked since... umm... January? Is that right? If you get a chance call me before you leave, and if not I'd love to hear your download from this trip via phone since I won't be in UT to lap it up. I loved hearing about Rwanda and I am so excited to hear. I'll be praying for you!

carsonbelmont said...

Always glad to see you blog.

Anonymous said...

I am so honored to have made it onto your blog! especially since blogging for you is a rare occasion :]
i love you. and i miss you already and youve only been gone for a day.

Ryan Christie said...

for the record: steven harrison and i were on this little outing and apparently we weren't cool enough to get into the photo op...next time i guess.