Tuesday, June 03, 2008

iTunes

i am waiting for songs to download. iTunes is so convenient but slightly dangerous. i bought a bunch of songs yesterday to keep myself entertained during the approximate 24 hours of travel that are in my near future. sadly, my battery died in the process, though, so i came back to school this morning to download the rest.
Gavin Degraw was my first purchase, naturally, and i am going to have to agree with Mel. Its not exactly what i expected, but i have listened to it 3 or 4 times now, and its growing on me.
Also, some of my roommates made mixes for me last night while i baked cookies, so i am excited to listen to those.
All i have left is to do is laundry so that i do not have to do it when i return. I will probably talk to my mom again (for like the 5th time in the last 2 days) and go to dinner with the girls tonight before i leave.
I am a little nervous actually. Maybe not nervous-- just anxious to get the trip started already. I dont really want to think about it or plan for it anymore, i just want to be there.
Well, im going to go for a run for the last time for 3 weeks. Then take a long, comfortable shower, also probably for the last time for 3 weeks ;)

5 comments:

carsonbelmont said...

You'll be missed!

Anonymous said...

Well, you ought to be landing in Hong Kong about now! I am sure you are totally wiped out and still have about 8 more hours of travel to go - - yikes! I have been thinking about you and praying for you and your team. I already miss not being about to send a quick text message or give you a call. I'll be going through withdrawals by the time you return!! Lots of love, Mom

AdamCook said...

miss you already julie!

micah said...

julie! have a blast over there. and i'll see you in a month.

micah said...

hey julie, my email is micahvk@gmail.com. i don't know if you knew that. email so old! remember when it was so cool to email friends? anyway, i leave tomorrow at 0400.