Thursday, June 05, 2008

"s"

quick post. we got here this afternoon, drove to the house where we are staying, walked around the market, and went to a local coffee shop. as i was walking through the market, i was thinking about how to describe everything. many people have tried to describe it to me, and while all of their descriptions are true, no words or pictures can actually encompass what it is like to be here. nonetheless, half of the words i thought of begin with the letter S.
Sweat. Smog. Smells. Sounds. Stares. and for the parentals, i'm safe and sound... and i love you.

3 comments:

carsonbelmont said...

Glad to hear from you, Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your post! I was just reading the CBU site, so I knew you have arrived safely. I loved all the 'S' words! Praying that everyone will catch up on rest and stay healthy. Have you bought a kurtas yet?
Love and miss you, Mom

Kimber said...

I am so glad to hear you made it safely! I will be praying for you throughout your trip. Can't wait til you get home, I need stories!