Saturday, June 21, 2008

overview

study break-- Tera and I walked outside for a minute right before it started pouring rain


driving in India would stress me out! they seriously do not have traffic laws



the Taj is pretty much amazing. we were so lucky that there was a slight breeze because I was sweating like crazy (and so was everyone else that crammed inside to look at the tomb... i know because i could smell them)



we have been doing a kids club for the past three days. we sing songs, tell stories, and do crafts. the people with whom we have working have amazing hearts, and their translating skills have been so helpful!



yesterday, Alicia, Tyler and I went to my favorite restaurant for lunch. Alicia lived here for two years and will be here for a month this summer. I am finally feeling better, and I was really encouraged being able to talk through what I have been learning and noticing during the trip.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yyyaaayy! i love seeing pictures.
carly

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, loved how you posted so many pics! You are so cute in that tiny car - - or whatever it was! Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures! Did you ride a train from Delhi to Mambai (isn't that where the Taj is??)? If so, I bet that was an experience.
All my love, Mom

Whitney said...

The Famous Chicken was at the Bee's game tonight. I didn't go. I couldn't do it without you...

Hope you're having fun. Looks like a blast! Stay safe!

Claire said...

Awesome! What a great trip in so many ways! Can't wait to talk with you about it- still praying for your safety and edification!

love you!

Sarah said...

Ya, watch out for those drivers! It is wild! The Taj was probably my favorite part of the trip, so I'm glad you got to go!

Ryan said...

on a side note, the taj is where i got engaged. :)

Alicia said...

I just found your blog. I thought I had you on my blog reader, but you weren't there! Now you are. I especially love the picture of the three of us in the rickshaw...even if it is kind of blurry. I think I will have to steal it. I hope you have had several good runs since you have been back.