Tuesday, December 20, 2005

forgive me

i was kindly informed last night that it had been five days since i had last posted a blog. well i wrote this one today but didnt post it on time.
im a blog slacker.
***
Well finals are over. I celebrated with a trip to Disneyland to enjoy the fireworks and snow on mainstreet. While that part of the entertainment was pretty amazing, so were the girls I went with. Jenni, Sarah and Brooke are just outstanding women that I have been so blessed to see almost everyday, whether it be at football, class, or just conversing during the little free time we are able to spend together.
Afterward, Sarah, Kimmy, Chappy and I decided to relax after the long week and have a little girl’s night out. We had some memorable times, and ill just leave it at that.

Thomas and I had a pleasant time traveling on Friday and were all smiles when we stepped out into the chilled air of Utah. It is such a crip cold here. You can feel it in your lungs as they fill air. It nips at your nose and ears, which always takes me a second to notice, as I am usually quite fascinated with my visible clouds of breath. Though the relaxation was nice on Thursday, Kimmy and I didn’t go to bed until 3, so I was quite tired on the riveting ride back up to Ogden… okay okay I feel asleep.

Friday night was spent at the Cain residence. First of all, Claire lives in a beautiful home that was decorated with care for the holidays. The house was all astir, as her parents were hosting a Christmas party for many of the doctors and workers from the hospital. Claire and I were able to chat and catch up as we sat by the fire and munched on delicious finger foods. As romantic as that sounds, it was also quite comical, as the conversations often paused in order to talk with the latest people who entered the room. Some of those conversations were the most awkward ones I have ever had, but you just smile, fake a laugh, and try to keep taking in most of those situations. The night was quite enjoyable nonetheless.

Other than that, I have been doing some shopping, some eating, some board game playing, some bridesmaid’s dress buying, some Narnia watching, and im about to go do some snowboarding. Hopefully I wont be doing any freezing, but its always possible.

No comments: